Auto Liability Adjuster Job Description
“Our Policy is Performance”
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions.
Apply today and discover:
- Why, in 2010, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Places to Work and by Business Insurance as a Best Places to Work.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers.
…what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!!
The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking an Auto Liability Adjuster in our Itasca, IL location
Auto Liability Adjuster Position Overview/Summary:
- Fully responsible for the analysis, investigation, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of claims requiring thorough investigations including telephone contacts with the involved parties;
- technical expertise and complex analysis.
- Claim assignments are regional and may involve both personal and commercial customers.
Auto Liability Adjuster Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Duties include taking recorded statements and interviewing insureds, witnesses and claimants by telephone, securing appropriate documentation pertaining to the claim, and preparing claims for disposition. The Auto Liability Adjuster position involves coverage interpretation, timely and accurate reserving, and establishing a detailed, timely, and appropriate evaluation of the claim.
The Auto Liability Adjuster is actively engaged in resolving claims with insureds, claimants, attorneys, and others. Expectations include adhering to established quality standards to attainment of the highest level of service, initiating subrogation activity to facilitate prompt and sufficient recovery of monies expended by the company, and notifying underwriting of questionable risks encountered to ensure issues are identified. A working knowledge of case law is preferred.
Auto Liability Adjuster Position Requirements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups.
- Possesses strong customer service skills and behaviors.
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner.
- Auto Liability Adjuster have Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Function independently as well as in an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- May represent the company at mediation, arbitration and trials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, MSWord, Internet and ability to update MSExcel spreadsheets.
- Ability to function and toggle between multiple applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a minimum of 3 years of direct liability claims experience.
Auto Liability Adjuster Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team:
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous “Time Off With Pay”
To apply Auto Liability Adjuster career insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/cnbcz3h