Case Manager – Life Insurance Job Description
TIAA-CREF is seeking a Case Manager to successfully process insurance applications from initial receipt through issuance. The right individual will have a solid background within the life insurance industry and is capable of handling a multitude of cases while maintaining a positive “can-do” approach to the position. (This is a highly visible role and directly impacts company revenue and require a significant amount of relationship management responsibility, due to the interaction with a wide variety of internal and external parties.) This Case Manager – Life Insurance position functions as an individual contributor and will be located in our Charlotte, NC office.
Case Manager – Life Insurance Responsibilities:
- Review all incoming life insurance and/or after-tax annuity insurance applications to ensure proper completion.
- Communicate application status to all interested parties (agents, wholesalers, management, etc.).
- Provide thorough knowledge of all systems utilized to complete duties and serve as a resource to others.
- Applies knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations and rules.
- Case Manager – Life Insurance Communicates verbally and in writing with individual and institutional clients to clarify requests and obtain additional documentation required to process transactions.
- Completes data entry on applicable administrative system(s) and conduct a thorough review of all applications.
- Facilitate the ordering and retrieval of all necessary underwriting requirements, including exams, inspection reports, telephone interviews, attending physician statements, etc.
- Facilitate suitability approvals and agent signature requirements to maintain proper regulatory processes are followed consistently.
- Case Manager – Life Insurance Maintain detailed, compliant and accurate files. Ensure that the electronic file is complete once a policy is issued.
- Follow up and provide timely status reports to management, wholesalers or agents/advisors.
- Set policy up for issue, policy assembly and secure final delivery documents.
- Other functions include Imaging/Faxing, Copying, and Filing
- Case Manager – Life Insurance Work independently or under guidance of Manager of Operations to process transactions.
- Utilizes job aids or templates to create written correspondence and often communicates via memos or emails to individual clients.
- Consistently meets or exceeds the productivity and quality standards set forth by the department.
- Case Manager – Life Insurance Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on projects and performs testing on process improvements or implementations of new functionality.
Case Manager – Life Insurance Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of case management experience within the financial services industry, (Life Insurance expertise).
- Strong knowledge of state and regulatory guidelines including suitability, replacements including Regulation 60 in NY, and 1035 Exchange processing.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of insurance and after-tax annuity products, including variable products.
- Understanding and experience with life insurance workflow
- Strong proficiency in SIEBEL, OUTLOOK, WORD and EXCEL.
- LOMA and/or Life/Health Insurance Industry coursework would be most helpful.
- Consistent attention to detail and a focused sense of urgency.
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills, including strong documentation expertise.
- Strong organization and time management skills; including follow up and completion.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter who can work independently with little supervision while contributing as a team member.
To apply Case Manager – Life Insurance career insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/6myby34