Claim Assistant Job Description
Claim Assistant opportunity under general supervision, performs diverse and complex clerical duties requiring thorough knowledge and understanding of all applicable procedures and policies. Tasks require judgment and initiative.
Claim Assistant Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Claim Assistant Responsible for assisting Claims Examiners in management of assigned case load by performing clerical functions according to the guidelines of published performance standards.
- Performs detailed telephone investigations and maintains disability status checks with physicians and policyholders.
- Arranges medical examinations; may send physician cover letter with assistance or approval of Claims Examiners.
- Types legal documents: Answers, Declaration of Readiness to Proceed, Compromise and Release, and other related forms and memorandums.
- Makes disability and medical payments within given authority.
- Logs and tracks lost time first reports and claim forms to ensure timely payments.
- Inputs and monitors automatic disability schedule payments and cancellations.
- Claim Assistant May confirm coverage and process benefit notices when assigned.
- Assists in training of Claims Assistants and Unit Assistants.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Claim Assistant Qualifications:
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years workers’ compensation claims assistance experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; telephone courtesy a must.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
To apply Claim Assistant career insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/84v76eu