Claim Representative Job Information: Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance, focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of annuities and supplemental insurance products. The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”) and Nasdaq under the symbol (“AFG”).
Claim Representative Responsibilities:
- Reports and bills claims to reinsurers.
- Claim Representative must be reviews and handles both ceded and assumed claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files.
- Claim Representative May affect settlements / reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Claim Representative Conveys moderately complex information (coverage, decisions, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Claim Representative May provide guidance and assistance to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Claim Representative Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Claim Representative Works within specific limits and authority on assignments of moderate technical complexity. Possesses functional knowledge and skills that are reflective of a fully competent practitioner. Performs work under moderate supervision.