Claim Representative Career Insurance at State Farm – Lincoln, NE
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
Our claims associates are critical to the success of State Farm because of their direct contact with current and potential customers.
A Claim Representative investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and settles claims. At State Farm, our claim representatives support the mission and values of our company by providing Good Neighbor Service throughout the claims handling process.
The primary responsibilities of an auto Claim Representative include:
- Working with customers, State Farm agents, attorneys, witnesses, repair shops and service providers to settle automobile accident claims
- Claim Representative Investigating and evaluating the facts of a claim, which could include damage to property or injury to people
- Evaluating, negotiating, and settling claims within authority levels
- Maintaining the confidentiality of claim information
- Claim Representative Using State Farm claims systems and other technologies to perform job duties
- Communicating with customers and associates over the telephone, in person, and in written correspondence
- Claim Representative Working under management supervision with attorneys, in the defense of lawsuits
- Working in a collaborative team environment to handle a large volume of claims, primarily over the telephone
- Claim Representative Providing assignments and direction to claim processors and claim service assistants
- Coordinating or participating in special projects, as assigned
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS Claim Representative POSITION?
- Successful completion of required training programs and all licensing requirements, including continuing education for licensing
- Claim Representative Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and empathetically
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance contracts, claim policies and procedures, and customer service philosophies
- Ability to learn and utilize computer systems and other technologies
- Ability to develop and apply knowledge of injury, property and liability issues to handle claims within authority
- Claim Representative Ability to maintain quality work product and professionalism, even when work volume is high
- Ability to empathize with, actively listen to, and deal sensitively and professionally with customers, many of whom are experiencing the stress of a claim situation
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities effectively
- Claim Representative Critical competencies include, but are not limited to, communication, relationship building, critical thinking, customer focus, accountability and quality
ITEMS OF NOTE to Claim Representative
- May be required to drive motor vehicles and/or travel via commercial transportation
- Must maintain a valid license to lawfully operate vehicles as directed/requested by State Farm
- This position may require non-standard work hours or varying shifts
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION of Claim Representative
- Positions are subject to telephone monitoring for quality assurance and training purposes.
- These positions include rotating shifts Monday thru Friday from 7am to 7pm; Saturdays 8:30 to 5:00; and most holidays.
- Overtime may be periodically required
- Selected Claim Representative candidates will spend four to five months in training before assuming the day to day role.
- Selected candidates must successfully complete job contingent testing.
- Successful completion of training will require two weeks at Claim School in Bloomington, IL.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS to Claim Representative
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
To apply Claim Representative Career Insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/3o3zezyKeyword search : ilr claims express state farm insurance||job description of ILR Claims position at State Farm||state farm claim representative duties||state farm claims representative duties||