Claims Adjuster Job Description
Under immediate supervision, investigate and dispose of first and third party claims. May have settlement authority up to $15,000.00 and expense authority up to $1,000.00
- Timely completion of all case activities, maximizing customer service and minimizing net loss payout.
- Contacts all insureds, claimants and witnesses that may have information relating to the loss, either in person, by telephone or in writing.
- Inputs and retrieves information using the automated claims system, requests checks, form letters and other correspondence through the automated claim system.
- Claims Adjuster Evaluates case facts determining coverage, liability and reserves, and reports on settlement; maintains a reminder system.
- Interprets and evaluates medical reports to determine if they are applicable to the claim; monitors legal and medical billings and investigates for proper charges and pays accordingly.
- Negotiates settlements with individuals, attorneys, and other insurance carriers within their granted settlement authority level.
- Will keep supervisor informed of activities and problems with in assigned area of responsibility.
- Pursues subrogation and may arrange for salvage to obtain the maximum recovery.
- Claims Adjuster Prepares detailed scope of damages on property losses and brings to conclusion.
- Provides information to all interested parties, including the local agents, by answering routine questions regarding the status of the claim.
- Claims Adjuster Will successfully complete all required in-house training, as well as AIC30. May be required to participate in special projects or branch training programs.
- Manages suit cases, checking to ensure that coverages are not exceeded, that legal expenses are adequate, and confers with attorney about case direction and disposition.
- Will assist in the training of Claims Service Specialists I (N).
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Claims Adjuster Required Skills
- 6 months or more as a Claims Service Specialist I (N).
- Valid Drivers License; 2 or more years of equivalent work related experience.
- Where applicable pass state licensing requirements.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Explorer.
Job Location: Randolph, MA, US.
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Claims Adjuster Salary: US Dollar (USD)