Claims Assistant Job Description
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
- This Claims Assistant job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- Promotion Potential: GS-0998-06
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
SALARY RANGE: $34,075.00 to $49,375.00 / Per Year
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0998-05/06
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time – Permanent
DUTY LOCATIONS: 10 vacancy(s) – Washington, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Claims Assistant Duties
- This position is located in the Appeals Management Center (AMC) on one of three Development Teams, a Public Contact or Triage Team.
- The Claims Assistant incumbent is responsible for the care and maintenance of the claims folders.
- Analyzes claim and determines if disposition of claim and control action has been appropriately identified.
- Establishes or updates control action, to include BDN, CAPS and COVERS. Incumbent is expected to generate various types of correspondence, (i.e. letters, reports of contacts, reports, and responses to FOIA requests or congressional inquiries), that will be understood by individuals with various backgrounds and educational levels.
- Claims Assistant must Prepare reports of contact on all telephone calls or inquiries needed to complete the development of claims.
- Claims Assistant will Input requests for VA examinations into the CAPRI system. Receives, opens, reviews and date stamps all incoming correspondences, (claims and miscellaneous mail).
- Analyzes mail for appropriate routing based on a comprehensive knowledge of VA benefit programs and procedures.
- Associates mail with folders.
- Forwards claim folders to appropriate team member for review and/or action.
- Claims Assistant must Updates the VACOLS record and the appeal folder flash for RO appeal grants and withdrawn appeals.
- Greet all visitors and review claim files and VA electronic records for the completeness of VA exams. Associate completed exams with files for review.
- Claims Assistant Monitor, track, and ensure timely responses for files temporarily sent to VA Medical Center.
To apply Claims Assistant career insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/7yupay2