Claims Representative Job Description
The Claims Representative ensures internal and external customer satisfaction by initiating the loss and damage claims process on behalf of the customer. This position will work with internal customers, external customers and vendors to amicably resolve situations in which product is damaged during transit. This is accomplished by acting as a mediator between Sales, customers, and carriers.
- Claims Representative File freight claims with carriers for lost or damaged product and continue to follow up with all parties involved until payment is received or claim is denied. This includes gathering all facts to analyze and determine claim liability based on transportation contract terms, and working with Sales, carriers, and customer parties involved throughout the investigation phase.
- Claims Representative On going maintenance of assigned portfolio of claims by following up with carriers and customers to ensure timely resolution of claims. This includes gathering documents needed to file a loss or damage claim with carriers from customers and carriers and processing request for payment of approved claims.
- Notify carriers of possible claim within time parameters of contract, including highlighting and classification of items which were missing or damaged as well as any shipping errors, and then filing final claims with the transportation companies for shortages or damages.
- Claims Representative Research and review customer and invoice information to identify shipping invoice data and determine validity of claim. This also includes a review of delivery information from the carriers for comparison with customer data to verify whether a claim should be filed.
- Assist customers in making arrangements with carrier to return goods and schedule inspections. Coordination and communications with management, employees and agents.
REQUIREMENTS of Claims Representative Career Insurance:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or related field preferred. High School Diploma required.
- No experience necessary. Preferred minimum of 2 years experience in the transportation industry, preferably in the area of loss and damage claims or experience in insurance claims.
- Strong customer service skills, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, problem solving and analytical skills, excellent time management skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, computer skills, telephone skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to multi-task.
To apply Claims Representative Career Insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/cfaz7c6