Claims Service Representative Job Description
As one of the world’s largest insurance broker Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., provides various retail and wholesale real estate broker / victim (P / C) and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefits brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients worldwide.
Claims Service Representative Position Summary:
The Claims Service Representative administers lower exposure claims in accordance with all pertinent requirements, policies and procedures.
Claims Service Representative Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with and obtains information from clients, claimants, vendors, field personnel and other internal or external resources.
- Investigates losses to determine cause, scope and extent of damages and/or liability and possible subrogation.
- Claims Service Representative Evaluates claim for purposes of setting reserves and making appropriate payments.
- Documents all activity to support the outcome of the claim file.
- Achieves fair, equitable and timely claim disposition that is consistent with our customer and internal expectations.
- Communicates effectively with claimants, clients and other internal or external contacts.
- Maintains positive relationships, creates high level of satisfaction with our clients
Claims Service Representative Additional Considerations:
- High school diploma
- 1 or more years related work experience
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled.
- Claims Service Representative Working knowledge of MS Office applications, and related claims and business software.
- Solid analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in handling claims.
- Able to plan and organize activities and workload and respond to multiple demands.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested Claims Service Representative candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Claims Service Representative Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Claims Service Representative Must be willing to execute Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
To apply Claims Service Representative job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/8xf5hol