Health Insurance Specialist Job Description
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This Health Insurance Specialist position is located in the Office of E-Health Standards and Services (OESS), Woodlawn, MD.
This Health Insurance Specialist vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement hhs-cms-de-11-573976 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
SALARY RANGE: $89,033.00 to $115,742.00 / Per Year
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0107-13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time – Permanent
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy(s) – Woodlawn, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Health Insurance Specialist Duties:
The purpose of this Health Insurance Specialist position is to plan, develop, and conduct activities related to the implementation of Administrative Simplification provisions of the Affordable Care Act and HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets and to participate in other e-health projects for CMS. The incumbent may serve as a member of a team or team leader directing a team of specialists in the development of policies and procedures.
In this Health Insurance Specialist position, he/she will contribute to the implementation, operations, oversight, and policy development associated with the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA and consumer engagement.
Health Insurance Specialist Specifically:
- Collaborates with the Department and across all components in the Agency, including the Regional Offices and contractors, to achieve the successful partnership development for the efficient implementation of HIPAA and Administrative Simplification requirements and activities.
- Participates in outreach activities inside and outside CMS including public relations, publications, conferences, and presentations.
- Maintains internal and external liaison related to e-health services and ensures that individual initiatives tie to the overall agency and Federal e-health goals and strategies.
- Tracks the implementation of HIPAA, Administrative Simplification and e-health goals and designs strategies to collect information about the status of the implementation.
- OHR Bethesda Operations Center
- 7700 Wisconsin Ave
- Bethesda, MD
- 20814Fax: (478)757-3144
Questions about this job:
- Bethesda Center Helpdesk
- Phone: (888)478-4340
- Fax: (478)757-3144
- Email: QUICKQUESTIONS@PSC.GOV
To apply Health Insurance Specialist career insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/7vgeldz