Insurance Assistant Job Description
Liberty Mutual is looking for an enthusiastic person to join our premium audit group as an Insurance Assistant. The premium audit group ensures proper classification, measurement of exposure and determination of proper premium charges which accurately reflect the insurable risks.
In the role of an Insurance Assistant, Insurance Assistant will perform various support duties and process insurance transactions, such as responding to internal and external requests for information and preparing documents, policy information and files for additional handling by other associates. As an Insurance Assistant, you will perform other related support duties as requested, such as answering phones, processing mail and assisting customers. Insurance Assistant will be required to follow procedures and apply intermediate-level administrative skills and insurance knowledge to accomplish both routine and non-routine tasks and duties.
Insurance Assistant Responsibilities:
In this Insurance Assistant role you will:
- Review, evaluate and categorize incoming documents; verify information for accuracy/appropriateness and follow up with others for missing or questionable data; prepare and assemble documents for additional handling by other associates or for distributing to outside contacts.
- Enter and retrieves information of varying complexity using computer systems and applications to update records, obtain information for others and respond independently to most questions and problems.
- Insurance Assistant Use intermediate skills and business knowledge to prepare insurance forms/documents (identification cards, certificates, endorsements, schedules, etc.), correspondence and process other insurance transactions to provide customer service and support efforts to acquire and retain profitable business.
- Perform other related support duties as requested, such as answering phones, processing mail, assisting customers, scanning, photocopying and insurance check processing (e.g., returning-and-canceling checks).
- Insurance Assistant Provide informal guidance to less experienced associates and provides back-up support in the absence of others.
Insurance Assistant Qualifications:
- Dependability, attention to details, and ability to follow/interpret procedures
- Intermediate level of skill required to open, create and modify various documents using the Microsoft Office suite (e.g., documents, spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.) and enter/retrieve information using various applications/systems
- Insurance Assistant Ability to effectively exchange routine and non-routine information verbally and in writing and apply knowledge of the department’s policies and procedures.
- High school education required, plus at least 1-2 years of relevant customer service or administrative experience.
Insurance Assistant Benefits:
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Long-term care insurance
Job: Administrative Services
Primary Location: US-OR-Portland
Insurance Assistant Salary (Pay Basis): 27,600-34,500
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Shift: Day Job
To apply Insurance Assistant job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/6oovs29