Career Insurance Description
An Insurance Sales Agent is responsible for sales to customers outside of the office and handles all customer contacts received by telephone or face to face in the retail location. The Agent customarily and regularly engages in sales activities with customers away from his or her retail office location. The Agent will process customer applications, endorsements, payments and inquiries. The Agent will also generate outside marketing activity to increase sales.
Insurance Sales Agent Job Responsibilities:
- Assess customer needs and advise clients on coverage options. Provide quotations, pricing, and required information to prospects. Complete the sales process for each customer.
- Perform direct sales activities with the customer away from the office on a regular (i.e. at least once per week) basis. Perform direct sales activities in the office.
- Perform outside marketing activities on own behalf to generate sales.
- Insurance Sales Agent Prepare quotations for customers’ change requests to the policy.
- Receive and respond to all customer inquires and complaints. Request any missing or required information from customers and follow up for that information.
- Direct customer service representative in tasks relating to covering the retail office.
- Follow up on a regular or as needed with customers on all open and unresolved issues including calling lapsed customers. Answer the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Insurance Sales Agent Report any and all conditions affecting customer satisfaction.
- Maintain appropriate records including, but not limited to, all time worked, required reporting of sales activities, other reporting as required by regional manager or corporate office.
Insurance Sales Agent Job Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Insurance Sales Agent Education: High school diploma or GED
Insurance Sales Agent Licensing Requirement
- Ability to obtain and possess a Property and Casualty insurance license within 90 days of employment.
Insurance Sales Agent Experience Level
- 1-2 years related experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute basic percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where limited standardization exists.
To apply Insurance Sales Agent Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/3rxqvfy