Insurance Specialist | Career Insurance at Sanford Health
Insurance Specialist Job Description
Full-Time 80 hrs ppp, Days
The Insurance Specialist will be expected to process third party insurance, Medicare, Medicaid or government-assisted programs. Insurance Specialists will be expected to comply with all regulatory bodies of agencies. Some of the duties expected are, but not limited to: submit claims, ensures compliance with internal and external customers via verbal and written communication, and performs follow-up on claims when necessary, and appeals claims when denied or downgraded.
- Insurance Specialist Must have excellent customer service skills to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Will be expected to use electronic billing.
- Must be accessible to other departments upon demand for inquires regarding reimbursement.
- Insurance Specialist Must demonstrate critical thinking skills to manage day to day basic operations or the ability to seek assistance when needed. Must be able to do work steadily, efficiently and show constant vigilance to the details of the work.
- Must be able to utilize all office equipment including personal computer and application software, printer, FAX, copier, multi-line telephone system.
- Must have good working knowledge of all insurance and/or government claims submittal and appeal processes.
- Insurance Specialist Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including English usage, grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Must be able to use appropriate reference materials when needed.
- Should be able to multi-task when needed.
Insurance Specialist Required Skills
- Minimum of high school education, however, some trade course classes in accounting, business and communications would be very helpful in this position. Previous experience in medical billing preferred. Computer skills essential.
Job Location: Sioux Falls, SD, US.
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Shift Description: 8 hour shift
The position requires work during: Days
To apply Insurance Specialist Job Opportunity >>> http://tinyurl.com/6clfdom