Insurance Verifier Description : Pediatrix Obstetrix Medical Group, an affiliate of Mednax, is looking for an Insurance Verifier in our Phoenix office located near the Biltmore.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Patient Accounts, the Insurance Verifier is responsible for effective and efficient insurance verification of assigned payers. The insurance verification on outstanding accounts includes; telephone contact with payers and parents, work the insurance verify queue and correspondence, update accounts as necessary, request new payer codes as needed and meet departmental productivity standards. Performs required tasks on GPMS, Medifax, Excel and Word.
Insurance Verifier Requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of Insurance Verifier:
- Insurance Verifier have One-year certificate from college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Insurance Verifier have Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10′s and 100′s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Insurance Verifier Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES of Insurance Verifier:
- Make necessary telephone or written contact.
- Review and work all daily correspondence received from patients and payers.
- Perform audits on accounts when needed.
- Update accounts as necessary.
- Insurance Verifier Meet or exceed required departmental productivity standards on a consistent basis.
- Insurance Verifier have Performs a variety of other duties.
- Insurance Verifier Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and Company policy.
- Presents a positive, professional appearance and conveys a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
- Performs other job-related duties within the job scope as requested by Management of Patient Accounts.
- Embodies the principles of the corporate Mission Statement and Philosophy at all times.
- Insurance Verifier Complies with departmental and company-wide policies and procedures.
To apply Insurance Verifier job >> http://tinyurl.com/3c9tasj