StoneRiver provides innovative insurance technology, professional services, and outsourcing solutions to Life, P&C, Flood, and Reinsurance carriers, managing general agents, and administrators. Our solutions include insurance policy and claims administration, underwriting, rating, advanced billing and collections, point-of-sale technology, straight-through processing solutions and business process outsourcing.
Project Manager (Life Insurance) Position Summary (Overall purpose and objective of the position):
Project Manager (Life Insurance) Reporting to the Manager, Director or Vice President Client Services and under general supervision, the Project Manager – Large Scope assures successful, timely and cost-effective project delivery. The incumbent is accountable to StoneRiver management as well as to clients. All aspects of project delivery are handled by the Project Manager – Large Scope and he or she is responsible for reporting progress to interested parties as well as for determining how to mitigate issues or problems.
Project Manager (Life Insurance) Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
- Utilize Account Manager, Resource Manager and Support Service Manager to present client requests/needs in a timely manner
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Identifies appropriate resources needed to accomplish tasks and develops schedules to ensure timely project completion
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Works with Directors and other managers to establish consistent practices (project tracking; time systems; etc) throughout the organization
- Participates in strategic planning sessions with both client and management to determine the scope and objectives of each project
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Work with assigned Account Manager to ensure unified and consistent messages and communication with clients
- Monitors progress, then updates clients and management on that progress
- Obtains assistance from peers on specific project milestones, when necessary
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Resolves day-to-day operational problems and conflicts and recommends improvements where needed
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Responsible for the developing, maintaining or enhancing systems and programs according to client specification
- Provide input/justification for project costs and budget impact
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Identifies the role of each project resources and staffs accordingly
- Ensures team is following contractual commitments and tracking profitability
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Understands contractual commitments and assures change requests (scope verification) are handled appropriately (billable). Manages stakeholder influence and expectations
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Work with Administrative Staff to set up projects and time tracking in necessary systems
- Provide feedback for annual performance reviews for their direct team members
- Additional, Non-Essential Functions/Responsibilities
Project Manager (Life Insurance) Resource Management:
- People Management: Mentors and leads only, does not have authority to hire and terminate
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Fiscal Management: Recommends only for planning purposes
Project Manager (Life Insurance) Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education, Certification, License, Training:
- Typically requires 8+ years of Project management experience in coordinating large-scale projects.
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Extensive systems analysis, system development, system design or related experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent education in a related discipline is required. Related work experience can be substituted for education requirement
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Strong knowledge of the new technologies emerging in the insurance software industry (i.e., .NET, Webservices)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- • Experience with project tracking software (MS Project) desired
Physical Conditions/Requirements (Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodations)
Project Manager (Life Insurance) Physical Conditions/Requirements:
- Position requires the ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Uses vision to view screens, create and review documents; requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Capable of using a keyboard effectively
- Project Manager (Life Insurance) Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move 25 pounds
- Occasional travel to meetings or outside training may be required
Employee must perform all of the essential functions/responsibilities for classification in this position.
Unique Functions, Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education, Certification, License or Training to this Position:
Essential Functions: N/A
Project Manager (Life Insurance) Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education, Certification, License or Training:
- Life insurance background experience desired
- Project Management Professional, PMP, highly desired
- An in-depth knowledge of how StoneRiver’s existing Life group technology can address our customers’ needs
Physical Conditions/Requirements: N/A
Travel: 50% travel may be required
To apply Project Manager (Life Insurance) Job >>> http://tinyurl.com/3we9v5g