Outside Property Adjuster Job Description
The outside property adjuster is responsible for handling property claims requiring field investigations and/or inspections. They must establish rapport with our insureds and maintain relationships with our agents, underwriters, contractors, restoration vendors, and experts. They are expected to know their territory, including the geography; regulations and the law as pertains to property claims; state and local public safety and regulatory agencies and officials; the insurance and legal climate; and public adjusters.
Outside Property Adjuster Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and resolve homeowners and commercial property losses that require field handling due to severity, complexity or fraud issues.
- Outside Property Adjuster Position requires extensive face-to-face interaction with insureds, agents, preferred contractors/vendors, public adjusters and experts.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Handle business interruption (BI) features in conjunction with BI specialists.
- Identifies possibly suspicious claims
- Outside Property Adjuster may be responsible for all aspects of each claim, including informal hearings, arbitrations, and claims litigation and maintaining a high level of productivity, confidentiality and customer service.
- Outside Property Adjuster Implement and coordinate the most effective management techniques to mitigate loss and expense payments.
- Settlement and reserving authority levels are moderate
- Required to have and maintain sufficient home-based internet connection.
Outside Property Adjuster Position Requirements
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to write damage estimates to structures, evaluate the amount of loss to personal property and business interruption losses.
- Communication, analytical, investigative and negotiation skills are essential.
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Outside Property Adjuster Ability to formulate sound expense, indemnity, and business judgment while supporting loss evaluations and presenting them effectively.
- High school diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s degree with professional designations preferred.
- Outside Property Adjuster Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits.
- Candidates should have 3-5+ years of estimating experience, as an adjuster or in restoration/contracting services
- In depth knowledge of both commercial and residential structures.
- Outside Property Adjuster Must be experienced in the use of computers including efficient keyboarding skills and working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Xactimate and Excel.
- A company car is provided and a valid state driver’s license and clear MVR are necessary for employment.
Outside Property Adjuster Physical demands & work environment:
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle 4-5 hours per day and to get in and out of the vehicle numerous times during the day
- Ability to load and unload equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds from a motor vehicle as needed to perform field work
- Ability to bend, walk, and climb for several consecutive hours while inspecting damaged buildings, often with utilities turned off or inoperable
- Ability to use a ladder safely to get onto a roof
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous “Time Off With Pay”
To apply Outside Property Adjuster career insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/87mx9y9