Property Field Adjuster Career insurance at Mercury Insurance Group
Property Field Adjuster Job Description
Under moderate supervision, investigates, evaluates and settles minor to moderately complex first and third party property claims in a timely and efficient manner as to prevent unnecessary expense to the Company. Conducts outside scene investigations for claims and assesses damage and extent of loss. Contacts with involved parties are made primarily in-person. Property Field Adjuster Provides complete, courteous and timely customer service to aid in the settlement process and maintain customer satisfaction. Maintains knowledge of current Company policy, claim developments, procedural changes and current values.
Property Field Adjuster Maintains diary of files in pending and update file information to ensure accurate record of claims; continually reviews and monitors progress and expense of claims in pending. Performs additional outside task assignments and gather information for other types of claims. Property Field Adjuster Inspects and evaluates degree of property damage or loss which may include structural damage, vandalism, theft, fire and water damage to homes and small commercial property. Losses may include minor evaluation commercial evaluation. Property Field Adjuster Establishes reserve amounts within prescribed settlement authority limit and negotiate settlement of claims; refers claims which exceed personal authority limit to supervisor with recommendation.
Property Field Adjuster Requirement and Qualification
- Worker characteristics are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) and at least 1 year of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Property Field Adjuster must have Experience with field property claims preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of established Company policies and procedures in claims operations.
- Written and verbal communication skill to effectively and professionally negotiate with claimants, insureds, attorneys, etc.
- Requires the regular exercise of independent judgment and the ability to work independently with moderate supervision.
- Technical knowledge of and proficiency in property evaluation and estimation is preferred, however formal training will be provided.
- Basic mathematical aptitude to compute cost of damage and repair.
- Requires automobile travel at least 50% of work time.
- Property Field Adjuster Position includes use of a Company car.
- Must meet established Company standards regarding personal driving history and current license status to be eligible for position.
- Property Field Adjuster have Work is of a highly technical nature and requires the analytical ability necessary to analyze, interpret and evaluate relevant information essential in resolving sensitive and moderately complex property claims.
- Able to interact cordially with other employees to accomplish common tasks.
- Able to adhere to the regular work schedule.
Additional Information of Property Field Adjuster Job
This position requires experience using Xactimate estimating software. This position is located in Long Island, NY.
Property Field Adjuster Salary and Benefite : -
To apply Property Field Adjuster Job Vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/6bc33hl