Special Investigator at Sentry Insurance Responsibilities
- Conducts specialized fraud awareness training for claim staff. Training crosses all lines of coverage including auto, workers’ compensation, property, and group life and health.
- Special Investigator Conducts recorded interviews of insureds, claimants, and witnesses concerning claims that involve suspicious potential fraud/inflated claims. This will be primarily an officed base position with limited field investigation responsibilities.
- Investigates suspicious claims concerning all types of coverage. Recommends approval, compromise or denial of involved claims.
- Special Investigator Communicates with company, industry and law enforcement fraud agencies, i.e., NICB, Index Bureau, FBI, Postal Authorities, etc.
- Obtains, evaluates and acts on information received from law enforcement agencies concerning suspicious claims.
- Verifies legitimacy of receipts, bills, etc. submitted to establish loss on suspicious claims.
- Obtains/evaluates and acts on information received from other insurance companies on related loss information.
- Communicates non-confidential material to claim staff concerning conclusions on suspicious claims submitted to the SIU.
- Special Investigator Represents the company in court appearances as a possible witness on suspected fraudulent claims, including state and/or federal courts or grand jury hearings.
- Special Investigator Has an ongoing responsibility to motivate the claim staff to combat fraud and inflated claims.
- Responsible for the assignment to independent contractors for specific antifraud investigation. Is accountable for controlling costs for contracted activities.
Special Investigator Qualifications
- Special Investigator must A Bachelor’s degree in Police Science, Police Administration or Criminal Justice is helpful and insurance claim experience is desirable.
- Special Investigator have Prior experience in some aspect of law enforcement and/or criminal investigation is preferred.
- Strong investigative skills are essential along with the ability to work effectively with members of the Claim staff and the law enforcement community.
- Special Investigator must have strong written and oral communication skills and the creativity to recognize potential fraud and develop a reasonable plan for investigating potential fraud cases.
- Computer literacy is necessary.
- Ability to meet job travel needs is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with relevant Special Investigator experience and qualifications. Sentry’s excellent benefits package is designed to meet today’s most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance Special Investigator employees include:
- Group Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Matching Funds
- Paid-Time Off or Time Away From Territory Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
- Student Loan Program
- Credit Union
- Career Education
Recruiter Contact Information
Special Investigator Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
About Sentry Insurance
Sentry Insurance is one of the country’s largest and strongest mutual insurance companies. Sentry was founded in 1904 by members of the Wisconsin Retail Hardware Association. Today, Sentry has more than $11 billion in assets, a policyholder surplus of $3.3 billion and total revenue in excess of $2.3 billion.
Sentry Insurance is headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States.
Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
To apply Special Investigator Job >>> http://tinyurl.com/663a2kz