Underwriting Assistant | Career Insurance at Ace Group
Underwriting Assistant description : Provide underwriting and administrative support to Underwriting unit.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES of Underwriting Assistant job:
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Handle clearance of new submissions and file set-up of new policies.
- Identify forms and endorsements used in policy construction.
- Establishes, maintains and updates files for the department
- Handle general correspondence and renewal letters.
- Maintain service standards by timely response to broker requests and timely receipt of underwriting information.
- Communicate with customers to confirm or obtain data needed for policy issuance and servicing.
- Prepare at the direction of the Underwriter quotations, binders and or policies.
- Conduct account inquiries in various management systems.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
Reports to Regional Manager of the business unit. Responsible for assisting a team of six underwriters as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS of Underwriting Assistant Candidate:
- High school diploma or equivalent, College degree preferred
- 0-2 years of insurance experience
- Strong data entry and computer skills.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS of Underwriting Assistant job:
- 1-2 years of prior commercial insurance underwriting support experience.
- Basic understanding of insurance terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Someone who seeks to grow into underwriting position
- Committed to continued personal development
- High level of confidence
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Location: IL – Chicago
Business Unit: Professional Risk Group
Recruiter: Williams,Erika Madison
To apply Underwriting Assistant Job Opportunity >>> http://tinyurl.com/3rc353o