Underwriting Assistant Job Description
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world’s largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Underwriting Assistant at Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services (AJGRMS), we deliver a full range of insurance and risk management products and services, including traditional and loss-sensitive coverages, captives, alternative risk solutions, and financial products, from offices throughout the United States and Canada, and operations in Bermuda and Puerto Rico.
Underwriting Assistant Position Summary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, underwrites individual insurance applications to cover property and casualty with guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis.
- Underwriting Assistant Determines whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through evaluation of the property’s value, location, usage, and safety features, and other information pertinent to the decision.
- Has frequent contact with field to gather information on which to base and defend underwriting decisions.
- Does not have any assigned Production or Service goals.
- Underwriting Assistant Works with all underwriting teams to gain knowledge of service and operational process and procedures.
Underwriting Assistant Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, no experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and Microsoft Office.
- Detail oriented; strong analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Underwriting Assistant Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Underwriting Assistant Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Underwriting Assistant Must be willing to execute Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment Underwriting Assistant opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Underwriting Assistant Job: Risk Management
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Media
Organization: Brokerage Services Division (BSD)
Schedule: Full-time (30 or more hours)
To apply Underwriting Assistant Career Insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/3j8x5z2Keyword search : arthur gallagher & co in media pa employment||