Underwriting Assistant Job Description
Responsible for the entire quoting process from RFQ system entry to determining the rate for a group based on benefits requested. Keys census data into system, verify industry and verify plan designs to prepare quote for the Regional Office or Underwriter. Accountable for problem solving and decision-making, given ambiguous and unanticipated situations while continuing to perform quote processing accurately, quickly and completely.
Underwriting Assistant Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes quote request information, group statistical data and market information to determine group eligibility.
- Underwriting Assistant Provides Regional Group Offices with proposal within template quoting parameters by interpreting and entering information on appropriate system, reviewing underwriting guidelines and ineligible industry list, and checking for errors on groups up to 200 lives.
- Determines coverage-pricing rates on quote request to deliver proposals to the Regional Office within the expected time frame.
- Provides Underwriter with RFQ information if proposal is outside quoting parameters, after census data has been entered.
- Recognizes what needs to be done to meet the customers’ needs and demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness by communication with others inside and outside the process to generate customer satisfaction.
- Configure and calculate formulas and manipulate census worksheet data in Excel spreadsheets for the importing of census data into the Quote Engine.
- Completes special projects as assigned to meet department goals and standards.
- Underwriting Assistant Assists team members to support departmental operations.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping all information confidential to protect company operations.
Underwriting Assistant Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalency
- 2-4 years of related office experience
- Ability to type 50 wpm, minimum, proficient at 10 key
- Underwriting Assistant Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Product knowledge and industry courses preferred
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
To apply Underwriting Assistant career insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/898nn3a