Underwriting Trainee Resume: Entry level position. Responsible for learning the skill of screening, underwriting, pricing new and renewal business within delegated authority in accordance with company goals, objectives, and guidelines. The training will include classroom sessions, working under the supervision of an experienced underwriter, and taking self study courses. Training must be completed within 18-24 months.
Underwriting Trainee Essential Functions
- Screens new applications for accuracy, completeness, and acceptability. Analyzes information on new and renewal business in order to accept, price, modify or reject business within delegated authority level.
- Refers business beyond delegated authority to appropriate authority level with a complete analysis and recommendation for accepting or rejecting the risk.
- Reviews and applies information from all departments on changes that apply to underwriting issues.
- Underwriting Trainee Learn and understand coverage(s), rules forms, and be able to explain decisions to agents/brokers, company personnel, and policy holders as needed or required.
- Participates in Agency Underwriting Audits
- Attain and maintain knowledge of current market trends, conditions and competition in the marketplace.
- Pursue continuing education.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Branch Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry related coursework.
- Good written and oral communication skills, with the ability to make presentations to small groups.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, Excel experience required.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work for self.
- Ability to handle multi-tasking.
Underwriting Trainee Salary range: -
Work Location Southfield, MI
Department Southfield Branch
Reports To Branch Structure