Underwriting Training Job Description
Our underwriters focus on answering two fundamental questions. Should we write a policy for a particular customer? What is a fair price for the risk that we would incur by writing the policy? On the surface, these questions may seem straightforward, but as an underwriter, you will possess a curiosity that propels you to dig a little deeper for the answers. You will rely on your strong analytic, communication, and negotiation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Underwriters are natural problem solvers who want to know our customers and how we can profitably accept the risks that our policies cover.
Our Underwriting training positions offers you the chance to build on your academic success and develop risk selection and decision making skills that can advance your career.
Underwriting Training Responsibilities:
- Successfully complete Underwriter training program and prescribed courses which include: On the Job Training, Classroom Instruction, Self-Study, Case Studies, Rating and Underwriting Activities
- Underwriting Training Program Develop judgment to accept, reject or modify new and renewal business for all commercial lines, with guidance and direction as needed from experienced underwriters or team leader, to ensure a profitable commercial book of business.
- Price business according to company underwriting and pricing guidelines and ensures standards for timeliness are met.
- Market the Company products to achieve company growth and profitability targets.
- Develop on-going relationships with internal and external customers and monitor profitability and quality of submissions, and keeps up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes.
- Underwriting Training Review and becomes familiar with: Policy coverages, Agency relationships, Underwriting and team guidelines, processes, and procedures, Company business strategy and organization
- Underwriting Training Work with a Underwriting Manager, Underwriting staff, and in-house and outside educational providers to enhance knowledge and experience in: Underwriting Techniques and Decision Making Methods, Problem Solving Methods, Sales and Negotiating Skills
Please note that as part of our application process for this position, you may be asked to fill out an employment questionnaire that may take up to 45 minutes to complete.
Underwriting Training Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a directly related insurance position and recent demonstrated academic success
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Capability to understand a wide variety of business operations and model loss potential
- Underwriting Training Ability to calculate complex pricing recommendations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability
- Underwriting Training Effective interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate successfully.
- Willingness to complete professional designation(s) and continued insurance education.
Underwriting Training Benefits:
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Long-term care insurance
Underwriting Training Salary (Pay Basis): 48,000 – 50,000
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
To apply Underwriting Training Career Insurance >>> http://tinyurl.com/cuc33rp